Angela Powers first started her training in the Chicago area during 1991 at Aveda Institute for hair, facials, makeup, nails, waxing, and massage, being one of the first to graduate in this elite institution. She also studied with industry icon Beth Minardi for hair styling and colouring technics.
After moving to Florida, Angela became ill from the ammonia and other unnatural ingredients found in hair products. She searched for organic products that did not include ammonia and other adverse chemicals including sodium, laural sulfate, and parabens. It was important that the organic products delivered a shiny finish and strengthened hair rather than causing harm.
Now, she provides those same amazing and natural hair care products to her customers at Angela’s Pure Salon & Spa.
Angela is certified in many areas that include:
- National Association of Eco-Friendly Salons & Spas
- National Educator Training for Organic Salon Systems
- Organic Salon Systems Masters Class & Workshop/Organic Certification
- Kevin.Murphy Certificate of “Cut Me” Class
- L’Oreal Colour Certification
- Yosh Training
- Certificate Aveda Haircutting
- 23 Years of Salon and Organic Hairstyling Training
- 6 Years Running a Salon Business
- Joey Powers Leukemia Project
- Helping Victims of Slave/Sex Trade with Free Salon Treatments
- Supports Local Businesses